With more people utilising social media technologies such as Twitter, Foursquare and Facebook, it makes sense that established and emerging businesses are looking to leverage these technologies to reach and communicate with their target audiences.
In this post we take a look at the adoption of these social tools by Fortune 100 companies. From micro blogging to video syndication – we dive into the key statistics of these global companies and reveal how they are engaging with their customers using these social platforms.
Fortune 100 Social Media Statistics: key takeaways
- 79% of the Fortune 100 are present and listening, using at least of one of the main social platforms to communicate with their customers.
- 20% of Companies are using all four of the main social technologies (Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Blogs)
- 82% of the Fortune 100 update and engage with customers on their Twitter account per week.
- Fortune 100 Companies on average post 3.6 wall posts to their Facebook page per week
- 50% of the Fortune 100 have a YouTube account and upload 10 videos on average a month
The above infographic and stats shows that the Fortune 100 are actively using these platforms to engage with their target demographics. The next step to engagement for these companies Location Based?